Old spark failed to load new xgboost booster

I failed to load new xgboost booster with old spark, here is my details:

• booster train by python xgboost 1.6.2
    ** using on GPU with “reg:pseudohubererror”
    ** mod=xgb.dask.DaskXGBRegressor().fit
    ** saved by mod.get_booster().save_model(bst_path)

• loader for production by scala(2.11) spark(2.4.0) xgboost(1.1.1)
    ** load method is through standard way at https://github.com/dmlc/xgboost/issues/3689
    ** it first failed due to "Unknown objective function: reg:pseudohubererror" - well understood because 1.1.1 has no this objective
    ** then I modified booster in python training env by: booster.set_param(‘objective’, ‘reg:squarederror’) and booster.save_model; now model is load without any issue, but failed at actual scoring (mod.transform(df)) time with error:
    Caused by: ml.dmlc.xgboost4j.java.XGBoostError: [10:39:43] /xgboost/src/learner.cc:946: Check failed: mparam_.num_feature != 0 (0 vs. 0) : 0 feature is supplied. Are you using raw Booster interface?

I am sure my data is correct,
Any help to solve this is highly appreciated? Or this version back compatibility is impossible?

Yes. There is no compatibility guarantee since you used newer version of XGBoost to train the model. You can either 1) upgrade the production to 1.6.2 or 2) use 1.1.1 for training.

Thanks for this quick response.
I think the only possible way is to upgrade production to 1.6.2.

Is it possible to save the booster (1.6.2) to json and then load into scala spark xgboost (1.1.1)?

My answer is the same, whether you are using JSON or not. Please ensure that the production is newer than or same as the training pipeline.

Thanks. I also tried other approaches and failed with the same error.